5 good things God wants for you more than you want for you.
If we fully believe the following truths about God, it will change everything.
1. God wants you to experience joy than you want you to experience joy.
2. God wants to forgive you more than you want God to forgive you.
3. God wants you to be in a community where you know and are fully known more than you want to be in a community where you know and are fully known.
4. God wants to love on you more than you want to be loved.
5. God wants you to matter more than you want you to matter.
I don't know about anyone else but for me, if I'm honest, all the things on that list (joy, forgiveness, community, love and significance) are things that I often think I want for me more than God wants for me.
In my mind, that list should be 5 things I want for me more than God wants for me. I'm guessing I'm not alone.
I have a feeling so much of our unbelief, worry and anxiety is caused by a deep rooted belief that we care more about us than anyone (including God) cares about us and because we care for us more than anyone else (including God) cares about us, then no one else wants good things for us as much as we want good things for us.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
The God of the bible cares, seeks, enjoys, pursues, redeems, forgives, accepts, welcomes, delights and loves us more than we could ever do any of those things for us.
Which one of those 5 truths is the hardest for you to believe that God wants for you more than you want it for you?
New to the blog?
Join our incredible community (over 1000 people) and sign up for email updates. It’s free, it’s fast, it’s easy and all the cool kids are doing it. Just enter your email below: